1. Unlimited training for all ages. While the majority of students attend class twice a week, they are always welcomed to attend anywhere from 7 to 14 times a week, depending on their age and skill. You do not have to pick class times upfront, simply show up whenever you want to, and train. See "Schedules" link above.
2. Affiliation with the Michigan Taekwondo Association (MTA), United States Taekwondo Association (USAT), World Taekwondo Federation (WTF), Olympic Federation, and the Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters). The WTF and Olympics take direction from the Kukkiwon, and as well the USAT from WTF, the MTA from the USAT, and our school takes direction from the MTA. So you see, there is a lot of traceability and accountability within the Martial Art of Taekwondo. As such, Troy Martial Arts pays a fee to all the organizations, which allows us to teach all curriculum in accordance with the Kukkiwon on down. All belts and certificates are traceable to the Kukkiwon. All Black Belts are also awarded by the Kukkiwon.
3. As an Affiliated School, it is easy to move anywhere in the world, and simply locate a Kukkiwon-WTF School, and know that your ranking is the same, and all curriculum you have learned is the same. No other Martial Art can say this (except Judo), and hence cannot offer the same uniformity throughout the world. This is why Taekwondo and Judo are the only Martail Arts to compete in the Olympics! We have had students move here from California to Virginia to Canada to Ireland to China! All slide right in, and continue training without one hiccup. We have had students go off to college and join their Taekwondo Martial Arts Clubs, and similarly found themselves all on the same page.
4. Competition at all levels (local, state, national, world), or no competition at all. While we offer an endless amount of competive tournaments, it is not a requirement for everyone. If you are someone who does not want to compete, then don't. If you are someone who does, we'll start slow, and go as often as you wish, and we will be there all the way!
6. Along with Martial Arts, self defense, punch defense, and bully defense are always part of the curriculum.
7. Troy Martial Arts frequently submits "Letters of Recommendation" for students who may either be applying for jobs, applying for National Honor Society Membership, applying to colleges, applying for jobs, etc. We spend a good amount of time preparing the letters, critiquing them, and presenting them to the students and parents. This is something we enjoy doing, and we are very informative on them, including data and commitment seen in the students. Please ask any time, we would be more than happy to do one for you!
8. So many more benefits, hard to list them all. What we hope is that you give us a try. We know you'll love it, and want to continue training.
Troy Martial Arts Membership
Troy Martial Arts offers many benefits to its students.
Our prices are extremely competitive, and the quality of our school is second-to-none, please stop in and check us out!